13 October 2010

Clouds in my World

letter w letter O hangman tile blue letter R Caslon metal type letter D
C letter L letter O u20 IMG_5592_2


In my first entry I mentioned how important words are when we begin learning a language.  In my experience of learning different languages, words are what I want to know first - and of course, some polite phrases such as Thank you! Good Morning! Please!

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more One easy tool to make word clouds is Wordle, which many of you have already seen and included in our class wikis and in your own blogs. You may also have noticed that I sometimes use Image Chef to create short animations with words.  Again, you need to register for an account, check your email, activate your account and remember your password! It's a fun site where you can create different kinds of short messages with words which you can embed in your blog or social network. 

Today I would like to share with you another tool  which makes wonderful word clouds - Tagxedo. You can make different sizes of thumbnails and pictures which you can then share.  I enclose two examples of a word cloud.  On the right, I typed in a short paragraph; do you know from where I cut and pasted the text in the Tagxedo below?

What words will you choose to make an awesome Tagxedo?














No comments:

Post a Comment