14 February 2011

21st Century Learning

As a learner, I am aware that I only learn by being engaged in what I am doing. Unfortunately, I too have had to sit through lessons and lectures which did not engage me in the least. Lessons and lectures where I daydreamed of doing, instead of just sitting and listening to information being presented to me. 

How is this relevant for us today? How can we attempt to teach and engage? How can we attempt to educate - and not merely edutain? And why should this even be an issue?

I would like to share with you a Prezi presented at the
ASB Unplugged Conference 2010 held in Mumbai, which you can find here. Below is the filmed version of   Kevin Roberts Prezi:


Teaching In the 21st Century
- Watch more Videos at Vodpod.

For those who would like to know more about Bloom's taxonomy, I include 2 images which neatly express what Kevin Robert's presentation on 21st century learning demands.

Teaching and learning in the 21st century is full of opportunities for all. From shared resources to inspiring digital tools, learners today don't need to sit and stare out the window, wondering when it will be their turn to do rather than merely being passive recipients of knowledge. They too are creators and active participants of information and knowledge.


Surprisephoto © 2009 Hartwig HKD | more info (via: Wylio)
Rather than mourning the challenges, let us consider the opportunities which we can today share and enjoy exploring.

21st century learning is full of opportunities. You just need to be open to them.



How will you engage me in my learning?





No comments:

Post a Comment